Currently Seeking: SBDC Advisor, Finance and Budget
Time expected: 20 hours per week or Less, flexible calendar.
The role of the Advisor for Finance and Budget is to provide guidance to SBDC clients on issues of budgeting and cash flow for small business. Advisors will be expected to counsel small businesses on best practices for the financial statements of loan applications, investor pitches, or other funding applications. Other advising areas may include basic start-up, business taxes, and other related topics. The advisor will implement Growthwheel advising into their process. The B&F Advisor will lead occasional classes or develop classes on topics related to budget and financing. In addition, the advisor will engage with the SBDC – Lynchburg Region’s host to advise and work on classes and projects that may be mutually beneficial for both organizations as they are related to Budget and Finance for Small Businesses. The advisor will stay up to date on products and tools which may be helpful in advising, such as ProfitSense, Quickbooks, or other software.
- Meet regularly with small business clients and teach occasional classes on related topics.
- Update the SBDC’s database with clients notes and events.
- Monthly reporting to Director required.
- Become Growthwheel Certified within the first year.
- Maintain good/growing relationships with banks in our region, especially commercial lenders.
- Stay up to date on incentives and lending offered via government or other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have a background in accounting, tax preparation, finance or commercial banking.
- Is comfortable coaching and speaking with our diverse clientele.
- Can handle a flexible schedule and is willing to drive throughout the region.
- Is familiar with MS 365/MS products.
- Bachelor’s Required
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line SBDC Finance and Budget Advisor Position. Open until filled.